Did you know that about 90% of people who use Google search engine will only visit the very first few pages of the search results? As a website owner, you need an SEO specialist to make your website unique by making it appear on the very first pages.
No matter how great your website might appear, if it’s not attracting the right audience who can be converted into paying customers, it might be of no help to your business. For more on this, here’s what to look for when hiring an SEO specialist.
Anyone can structure an SEO firm overnight and claim that he/she is an expert. But that doesn’t imply that they are aware of what they are doing. It’s crucial that you ask the right questions before enlisting them for the job. Has the specialist worked it out for other sites? If so, they need to have positive client testimonials from happy clients. This will be a way for you to gain trust in their workmanship. Just check out this site to know what it is you can expect from a qualified web designer. Before hiring just anyone for the job, ensure that they’ve been on the job for years and that you can prove this from online reviews.
2. A Deeper Understanding of the Three SEO Levels?
Search Engine Optimization is a broad topic but to help improve your website’s responsiveness as well as the other aspects that will help you to rank higher on search engines, SEO specialists must have a deeper understanding of the three SEO levels. These include:
- Technical optimization – This Involves improving the page loading speed and the indexing of your content.
- On-page optimization – For websites to rank higher, there are fundamental aspects that your SEO specialist will have to work on. The individual pages on a website must meet the specifications needed by search engines. The use of elements such as HTML tags and source codes will help to generate quality traffic to your site. Additionally, links will also be part and parcel of the on-page optimization package.
- Off-page optimization – Today, one of the most influential off-page optimization techniques is to harness the power of social media, a great multimedia sizzle, guest posts, and link building on your website. These are among the things that will help to rank your website higher.
A good SEO specialist will approach these steps from all the angles using their tactics and self-drive to optimize them for success. They need to be knowledgeable in all the technical areas to prevent future concerns.
3. They Should Provide You with High-Quality Advice
Dodge SEO specialists who won’t openly discuss their techniques to you in detail. They need to describe the techniques they’ll use to increase your site’s traffic on the search engine. They should also elaborately tell you the estimated period it could take to attain the SEO objectives you agreed on. Ensure that the specialist’s manifesto includes an elementary review of your site to find out problematic areas that could slow your progress or lower your ranking.
4. Effective Communication Skills
You’ll want to hire an SEO specialist who’ll effectively communicate with your teams in trying to provide both short-term and long-term solutions. You could have an IT team, finance, or the marketing guys in the field who’ll need to be consulted in regards to specific areas on your website. Ensure that the specialist also utilizes unmatched communication channels when reaching out to you or your teams.
5. Like-Minded Business Objectives
When hiring an SEO expert, it will be of paramount importance to ensure that the SEO firm will fit into your business culture. Better still, they need to have like-minded business objectives that help to support your core business goals. The main objective of creating a business website is to help boost your marketing campaigns. The SEO specialists should understand this to help implement and see your dreams grow.
6. Adherence to Google Guidelines and Practices
An SEO specialist needs to be knowledgeable of the set-out rules and guidelines set out by Google and other search engines, or else, your website will continue on a downward trend. Unlike in years past, Google has come up with stricter rules, and in addition to this, frequent algorithm updates to ensure that search results are as per site rankings.
When hiring an SEO consultancy firm, beware of some presumed experts who will assure you of easy and fast traffic. They might be after your money and will end up getting you penalized. Stick with specialists who promise results and show it in action.