The popularity of virtual reality (VR) continues to grow with each passing year as VR technology slowly infiltrates and impacts multiple industries around the world. VR is making a big impact in the Canadian online casino gaming industry as it penetrates into different departments and makes a significant impact.
Guest author Kevin Cochran gives us a detailed view of VR technology and examines its impact on the online gaming industry. To find out more about Kevin Cochran, click here.
What Is Virtual Reality?
To make things as simple as possible, virtual reality is a simulated environment, which is three-dimensional in nature, in which you can play games and interact with other individuals through the use of electronic devices such as sensor-fitted gloves or special goggles with screens. VR makes you feel as if you are really there, or in other words, it gives you a realistic experience.
VR works to create a world of illusion that appears real to our senses of touch, taste, sight, hearing, and smell, giving our minds the impression that the world of illusion is real. Using VR technology can be an expensive affair as the software and gadgets like the HTC VIVE Cosmos Premium PC VR System or the HaptX Gloves VR Simulation Wearable.
Canadian players are very interested in VR technology and are always on the lookout for online casinos like Lucky Nugget Casino that gives them a chance to experience the latest casino games.
Popularity of VR
Why is VR so popular in Canada? There are a number of reasons why VR is getting so popular. We take a look at a few of them below.
- VR makes online casino games a lot more entertaining.
- VR technology has led to a boost in gaming revenues throughout the world.
- Along with VR technologies, gadgets such as Oculus VR, Samsung Gear VR, HTC Vive, have brought another dimension to online gaming.
- Your gaming experience becomes immersive and engaging with VR.
- VR technology allows you to control and change the simulated gaming environment any way you wish.
VR Gambling Games
Virtual reality has already had a major impact on online casino gaming. VR has allowed gaming operators and gaming developers to raise their game and meet the growing demands for interactive and immersive gaming experiences. Right now, you don’t see many VR casino real money around, but the few that are available display the following features:
- VR casinos give you the feeling of walking right inside a casino and playing VR gambling games for real.
- You can actually choose your seat and interact with fellow players and live croupiers.
- You can enjoy real casino sights and sounds.
- Some VR casinos also give you the experience of getting a drink and tasting it, relaxing in the lounge, and even lighting a cigar and smoking it.
Future of Virtual Reality
- VR gives you the unique gift of experiencing reality without stepping out of your home.
- Do you want to play tennis? You can do so in your living room within a software-generated simulation using sensor-fitted racquets and VR headsets that make you feel as if you are really in a tennis court.
- Do you want to get your driver’s license? You can use VR technology to learn driving without having to step inside a real car. Become an expert driver before actually going on the road.
- Here is another example. If you want to buy property, you can use VR setups to explore and experience it without actually visiting it.
- VR technology just takes things to a whole new dimension. Will virtual reality take over the world? We wouldn’t be surprised if it does.
- VR fascinates average consumers who cannot afford expensive experiences such as playing at luxury casinos around the world, enjoying international vacations, high ticket sports events, and more. VR technology can easily simulate such experiences right at home, saving you a lot of money and giving you the opportunity of experiencing something you might otherwise never be able to experience.
- We may soon see VR in several walks of life, including shopping, learning, gaming, marketing, and so on. So yes, we can say for sure that VR will soon take over the world. It is just a matter of time.
Real Money VR Casinos – How to Find Them
Are you interested in a VR casino real money?
As VR technology is still in its infancy, you won’t find many VR casinos around, but that doesn’t mean that they aren’t available. In fact, VR casinos started going live late in 2013, and today, they are getting better than ever as more VR casinos start to hit the market.
VR is definitely going to be the future of online casino gaming. iGaming operators who fail to embrace VR technology are going to quickly fall behind. Expect the costs of VR gaming to also drop in the coming years as more casino sites start to offer VR gaming.